Thursday 28 August 2008

Damn you Katy Perry

Thanks to you a trend, which while never waning had at least drifted slightly from my eyeline, has been resurrected stronger than ever.
I speak of course of the trend of girls snogging each others faces off in public because it's 'taboo'
I don't deny the catchyness of the song and I can see why it is so popular, but the subject of the song is so damn dull and about as shocking as finding out you're wearing odd socks. Turns out certain members of the public have been kissing people of the same sex for a few years and enjoying it, who knew aye?
But I'm not really worried about whether the song is shocking, as a good song is a good song regardless. But I hate seeing people trying to devour each others faces in clubs regardless of gender, not that I haven't done it but I'm damn sure I look unappealing aswell, rolling tongues around in anothers mouth simply is as unappealling as it comes. But now there is a call to arms for girls in clubs to start attacking each others tonsils as I recently witnessed while out in Manchester when this tune was played.
It's not shocking, it's not attractive, it's not liberating and anyone under the misaprehension that it attracts the opposite sex should look around afterwards and notice exactly who has been impressed by your 'erotic' display. The elbow nudgers, the simple and the old men against the walls who'll probably use you for wank fodder, feel sexy now?


Shoes and Circles,

Chris.

No comments: