Friday 25 July 2008

Chocs away buster!

So I'm undertaking a challenge, can I write a blog based on the fact my friend is considering writing a blog? I say yes as what I plan to do is an elaborate cop-out, just watch me folks!

So what exactly could my friend write about? The changing climate taking a shift towards unbearably hot to the point where pants alone is suitable attire? Whether Rustlers are actually the fastest way to a heart attack(horrible tasting card-like death in only 70 seconds!!!)? Or could he write a letter like the good old days expressing recent events in his life and feelings?

I'd go with the last one as that is what the modern blog has become, removing the need for such skills as good handwriting and grammar. The first one being a god-send as my personal hand-writing looks like a spider has fell into ink and then in his final death throse tried to spell out words with his broken legs while choking for that vital oxygen. I am shit hot at metaphors though.

I do miss letters though, they allowed for margin doodles and the ability to see how someone had spelt a word before correction, always hoping for that mis-inserted anus (in all aspects of my life). But we can't bring back the letter, it is a dead art form akin to fuzzy felt and play-doh structure, one day pens will fall into disuse and everyone will tap away mindlessly on their I-Books with the almighty American spell check correcting our English you self important computerised pricks!

Although it seems slightly pointless complaining about the lack of physical letter writing in computerised form, but hey you try getting a memo out with this damn secretary!

and there you go a blog about a blog, sort of.

Words and Fish,

Chris.

No comments: