Friday 18 July 2008

Recently exploded chicken

Why does Kevin Costner still exist as a name within the film industry? I have to write a preview for ol' Mr. Costners new film and all I can think to write is that at least this isn't a review, which really wouldn't go down well I suppose. So if anyone can enlighten me to the unseen genius of Mr. Costner I'd be very pleased. I knew someone who actually has a Kevin Costner film in their personal top 10, and besides electro-shock therapy I don't know what I can do to help this person. Honestly stopping after field of dreams and retiring to a life behind the camera would have been the wisest career move for the man. And my case for the prosecution:







Everyone a classic of course, infact The Postman was so bad it actually made me wish that it was an Americanised remake of 'Il Postino' which is saying something as I detested 'Il Postino', and far from being a philistine I just believe it was the worst Italian Neo-Realism film I have ever endured (as no one watches and enjoys neo-realism, they just say they do). So yes, even though I got off track to reitterate I dislike Mr. Costner for not giving me anything positive to write about his latest morality tale, with less political spine than a jellyfish in the house of commons and about as much heart as a recently exploded chicken.

Oh except for the fact that I think Kelsey Grammar would actually make a great president, 4 more years!

Hats and Cocaine,

Chris.

No comments: